Wednesday, July 20, 2011

MARKY COOKS: All-Meat Carbonara

Monday is my favorite day because I get the chance to go home and cook for my family, friends and workmates. Last week, I told mom that I will cook. She asked me what am I going to prepare, but I told her I don't know yet.

I checked our cupboards and looked for things that I like in my pasta. I ended having Vienna Sausage, Ham, Cheese, Nestle Cream, Campbell's Cream of Mushroom and Chorizo.

I chose these ingredients since me and my siblings are all meat lovers. If my parents want veggies for lunch or dinner, we will have another dish automatically.

If you want to try this yourself, here's how:

      • 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
      • 3 cloves garlic (minced)
      • 1/4 block of butter (big)
      • 1 small can Nestle Cream
      • 1 can Cream of Mushroom
      • 1/2 kilo Ham
      • 1 large can of Vienna Sausage
      • 1 can Chorizo
      • cheese
      • 1 tbsp. garlic powder
      • salt and pepper
      • 1 kilo spaghetti pasta
      • Pork Chop (sliced) **optional**
      • water
  1. Cook pasta in boiling water, add salt and set aside when done.
  2. In a pan, add olive oil and garlic under medium heat. Cook until golden brown.
  3. Add chorizo and Vienna sausage until they turned medium brown in color. Add butter followed by the ham sliced into smaller parts. If you are a garlic-lover like me, you can add some garlic powder for extra flavor.
  4. Pour Nestle cream and cream of mushroom. Add water in small partitions until desired viscosity is attained (depending whether you like it to be more creamy). Add salt and pepper. Let it boil for some time under low heat.
  5. In a bowl, mix pasta and a little of the cooked sauce. Top the pasta with the All-meat sauce.
  6. Place slices of the fried pork chop on top and sprinkle desired amount of cheese.


That night, I went back to Manila and brought some for my sister. I also brought some at work for them to taste one of my impromptu recipe. I encourage everyone to try cooking for your loved ones. You don't have to go to a culinary school to be good. You just need some readings and a little practice. In cooking, you develop a skill and you make your valued family and friends extra special :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment