Monday, July 4, 2011

Buffet Dinner @ YakiMix, Tomas Morato and the fear of Taenia species

I was feeling weak that day and I haven't eaten anything since the previous night because of the heavy rain when Ate Aljane called me if I want to have dinner with her sister at Yakimix Tomas Morato. I said yes since I was alone that day. We called Fritz to join us. We agreed to meet 5:30 but I was not able to tolerate my hunger so I ate at KFC Morayta an hour before our supposed to be meeting. I was an hour late but Fritz was  better on me when it comes to that art.
We rode a cab to Tomas and by the time we got there, the place is already jam packed. We were number 9 in the waiting list but good thing there were seats and complementary drinks for everyone which made the wait a little comfortable on our part. After 30 minutes or so, we were able to go inside and the battle began!
YakiMix is a Japanese Themed Restaurant which offers buffet lunch from 11:00am-2:00pm during Mondays to Thursdays and 11:00am-2:30pm during Fridays to Sundays. Buffet dinner starts from 5:30pm-10:00pm from Mondays to Thursdays and 5:30pm-10:30pm from Fridays to Sundays.
One of the famous attractions that they have is the Smokeless Grill where you cook the food yourself in the center of the table. There are lots of options from pork, chicken, beef, sausages and sea foods.
They also have cooked food if you don't have the patience to grill your own food. They have varieties of dishes not limited to Japanese. Some have Chinese, Korean or slightly Pinoy touches. They also have these Sushi Bar where there are lots of Sushi options to choose from. I did not bother to go there since I am not a Sushi fanatic after all.
Here is my plate from the Cooked food section. It was a wrong move to get plenty of their rice since this is a buffet. I felt full at once since I just ate lunch plus Japanese rice leaves me with a heavy feeling. I really love the spareribs and their tempura which is the only Japanese food that I can eat all day long without complaining
Here are the raw foods I picked from the bar for grilling. I really enjoyed their sausages, shrimp and different beef preparations. I felt stupid getting a lot of hams since they can be easily found in any supermarket... wala lang just sharing. There are a lot of food which I find weird up to now but they do taste good. I am just quite doubtful whether my food is already cooked or if it's still raw inside. I was afraid to ingest Taenia saginata from beef or Taenia solium from pork.

Here are my weird friends who enjoyed the night a lot. I felt bad that I ate Lunch very late while my friends prepared for this. They went there with starving stomachs. hahaha
We chose to have this Tropical Lemonade which is color blue. They have lots of drinks to choose from.
Here is a glimpse of our grilling session.

After that Gluttony feast, the eating session continues... This time dessert! They have a bar filled with cakes from red ribbon, different pastries, ice cream toppings and a freezer full of different flavors of ice cream, Popsicle sticks etc...
This is the strawberry ice cream which Fritz made for me... he topped it with chocolates and mallows.  
Here is the Leche flan he also got for me. It's perfect! I'm madly in love with this pudding!
These are my choices of pastries. Egg Tarts, macaroons, mini cupcakes, fruit tarts and icing bars...
There are also cheesecakes which are really delicious... I did not get Cakes from red ribbon since I can taste them outside. I prefer to have those which I can only taste there.

Among all the sumptuous  desserts, I really like the egg tarts and the blueberry cheesecake.
Here are our satisfied faces(not to mention tummies) after our BIGATING DINNER!
We were supposed to go home when I told them that I want to watch Green Lantern that night. and they agreed even if Ate Aljane contested our choice. Only I and Mia enjoyed the movie. Fritz was also bored with the movie's plot. Oh well, I can't deny that the ending was a disappointment but I like the message that the movie tries to tell us... go and see the movie yourself:) I don't wanna be a spoiler;)

No comments:

Post a Comment