Tuesday, January 11, 2011

starting the year right

Hello everyone!!! 
I welcomed the year in a major major busy way... I was assigned to prepare for the Media Noche.. Unlike the recent years I have to go to work this year so I decided to file an authorized leave  (I just graduated and passed the board exam last year-2010)... I was very nervous because I am have not decided hat dishes to prepare so what I did is just do something out of the available ingredients and buy the other stuffs which are easy to find... 
CHOCO BANANA GRAHAM CAKE
graham cake with ripe saging na lakatan in the middle, topped with bananas, snickers and kitkat
ROASTED LEMON CHICKEN
whole chicken marinated with herbs(thyme,oregano and rosemary), lemon, and garlic... stuffed with punctured whole lemon, tied then roasted

BAKED CHICKEN GALANTINA
boneless whole chicken filled with ground meat of chicken and pork with cheese, ham, etc... cooked by steam then baked... served with white sauce

BAKED LASAGNA
just the traditional lasagna.. and i must say that it requires a lot of effort to prepare!


PAELLA
mom made this! hahaha a recipe she got from a friend

PORK BBQ AND HOTDOGS
always present during media noche:))




BAKED HAM AND BANANAS
christmas ham marinated with honey, wine and mustard.. baked and mixed with bananas---I NEVER EXPECTED THAT IT WILL TASTE GOOD:)) a must try


LECHE FLAN
i made the leche flan with the help of tita,, oh well hindi sya umalsa kasi nakalimutang lagyan ng evap! pero masarap pa rin! hahaha




MOCHI
tita bought this from suzie's native cuisine,,, yummmyyyyy
SAPIN-SAPIN
tita marie's specialty!!! my sister requested for this!


MANGO BRAVO 
from Conti's.. my sister brought this from manila to pampanga,,, it's so tall and the challenge is for the cake not to collapse,,, hahaha im so proud of you sis~ you survived!


I prepared the table and put some decorations weeks ago so as not to rush the design... Over-all I am very satisfied with my work,,, I am so happy that daddy even boasted about my efforts to his friends who came to our place that night...
START THE YEAR RIGHT!!! BE HAPPY... LOVE ... and FORGIVE!!!
God Bless Us!!!


-xoxo.marky

No comments:

Post a Comment