Monday, February 7, 2011

Dinner @ Banana Leaf, Trinoma + The Tourist (01.24.11)

It's Monday! Jha and I agreed to watch The Tourist at Trinoma... We came from work so we arrived late and we only have few options on where to eat. I am not into fast food that time since I've been to Mcdo, KFC and Jollibee for the past days. I want to try some thing new so we walked up and down then up again. I am familiar of the name Banana Leaf but it was the first time I saw it! I decided to dine in.
Banana Leaf has nice interiors! I love the walls especially the ceiling. The detail is amazing... What i don't like are the chairs... well, since the theme is like eating in a native Asian place, it matches the others... but I am a fan of couches:))
THE PLACE: 3.8 / 5.0



I really want pork that time and since I am not a fan of Asian dishes I played safely because I am really hungry!!! I chose to have Charcoal Grilled Sliced Pork Steak Thai Style (228.00). The pork steak is common but the sauce gave a kick to this dish
RATING: 3.5 / 5.0



We are the last customer for the night so we became considerate and decided not to give stress to the the crew. We did not order many and asked the waiter about the time of preparation. Then we picked our rice.
Penang Fried Rice with Salted Fish and Chicken (188.00). What I love about this is the taste of tuyo in it which is not too powerful. I enjoyed it so much.
RATING: 4.7 / 5.0

When the order arrived I instantly realized that it will not be enough for our starving stomachs so I asked Jha to order one more dish. I am not surprise that he picked a curry dish. Malayan Chicken Curry with Potatoes (228.00).When you look at it, it seems that it's your usual curry but wait until you tasted it!  It has this flowery and spicy flavor that made it interesting! Jha loves it so much
RATING: 4.8 / 5,0

I enjoyed dinner so much.I will surely come back to try more of their dishes! I love the service crew.. they did not show any sign of irritation even if they extended for few minutes:)) 

We left the restaurant with full stomachs:) We headed the cinema to watch The Tourist


No comments:

Post a Comment